etco HOMES is currently looking for a Customer Service Construction Manager for our Customer Service and Warranty Department. The right candidate will be responsible for overall performance and service provided by the Department and is ultimately responsible for initial construction quality control coordination and unit commissioning, as well as the delivery of quality warranty service for new homeowners.
Primary Location: Los Angeles Area
Salary: Based on Experience
Organization: Home Builder
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and direct warranty activities of the Customer Service Technicians, Customer Service Assistants and other staff as assigned
- Develop and maintain updated Customer Service department policies and procedures and Homeowner’s Manual
- Supervise and coordinate Customer Service Technicians service/warranty activities to ensure delivery of quality products to customers
- Recommend changes to products or services to fulfill customer needs
- Total involvement with training, communication and development of all Customer Service personnel
- Review and manage Customer Service assignments and offer preliminary guidance as needed to properly prepare the Customer Service Technicians for working each claim
- Monitor, maintain and enforce all budgets
- Review and approve all warranty department invoices
- Constantly work toward lowering average completion time for requests and service satisfaction for homeowners
- Generate reports to manage the current number of “outstanding” and “completed” warranty service requests per community, per Customer Service Technicians
- Track warranty expenditures per home, per superintendent, per quarter
- Meet with homeowners and/or subcontractors to resolve escalated warranty disputes/issues
- Implement Company Quality Control program and provide initial quality inspections and recommendations to field staff.
Directly supervises 2 or more employees in the Customer Service and Warranty Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include the participation in the interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Construction experience in residential construction preferred
- Experience in building processes, and/or inspection services (e.g. Building Inspector, third party inspection services, or similar) a plus.
- Must have knowledge and ability to perform in all areas of building residential task
- Ability to perform warranty items for all trades and be an all-around Handyman
- Possess solid time management and prioritizing skills in order to effectively respond to changing customers’ needs
- Excellent Customer Service\Work effectively both in a team environment and independently
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to work some nights and weekends by phone or be available for emergencies as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust to any situation presented
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver’s license.
About Our Company
A progressive residential and commercial developer located in Beverly Hills. etco HOMES was founded in 1989. Over the past decade we have carefully assembled a team of seasoned professionals based on the long-term core values of the company, leading a prudent advance to judicially controlled expansion.
etco HOMES has earned a reputation for exceptional innovation is its custom home, single-family detached home, condominium and townhome community developments, and has established itself as a quality leader in the Southern California home-building industry.