etco Homes, Inc. is currently looking for a Director of Customer Service who will be responsible for the overall performance and service provided by the Customer Service Department. The Customer Service Manager is ultimately responsible for the delivery of quality warranty service and homeowner satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and direct warranty activities of the Customer Service Team and other staff as assigned.
- Develop and maintain updated Customer Service department policies and procedures and Homeowner’s Manual.
- Supervise and coordinate Customer Service Team service/warranty activities to ensure delivery of quality products to customers.
- Responsible for designing and implementing improved processes and operational policies
- Recommend changes to products or services to fulfill customer needs.
- Total involvement with training, communication, and development of all Customer Service personnel.
- Review and manage Customer Service assignments and offer preliminary guidance as needed to properly prepare the Customer.
- Monitor, maintain and enforce all budgets.
- Review and approve all warranty department invoices.
- Constantly work toward lowering average completion time for requests and service satisfaction for homeowners.
- Investigate and determine need for service; act as liaison between homeowners and subcontractors to schedule service and follow-up.
- Generate reports to manage the current number of “outstanding” and “completed” warranty service requests per community, per Customer Service Team.
- Track warranty expenditures per home, per superintendent, per quarter.
- Meet with homeowners and/or subcontractors to resolve escalated warranty disputes/issues
- Coordinate with the Construction Department staff and trade partners for the completion of walk-through repairs in a timely fashion.
- Schedule and monitor trade partners’ repairs in homes after delivery to homeowner.
- Schedule inspections with homeowners, assess routine warranty claims, and follow through to complete all service requests in a timely fashion.
- Provide accurate and timely information to Field Superintendent in Charge on progress and scopes of work.
- Maintain positive homeowner relations and provide homeowner with knowledgeable, timely, and professional service.
- Evaluate trade partner and product performance. Provide on-going information to Construction Manager as it relates to quality of workmanship and materials.
- Participate and attend department meetings when needed.
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The position directly supervises the Customer Service Manager, one (1) field Manager and two (2) or more Customer Service Representatives in the Customer Service Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years residential, customer care or construction field.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in public relations.
- Detail oriented, works well under pressure, capable of handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Displays a friendly, enthusiastic, respectful, and personable manner
- Commitment to customer service.
- Ability to read and fully comprehend construction blueprints specifications and development plans
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive feedback.
- Team player.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer a benefits package including vision, medical and dental.
Schedule is Monday-Friday.
COVID-19 considerations: We follow all state and local COVID-19 requirements and take employee health and safety seriously.