etco HOMES is currently looking for a Purchasing Agent.
This position is responsible for coordinating between team members, field personnel, and trade partners to ensure an effective contract negotiation, selection and evaluation process from bid packages, final contract award and completion of work. The position will also collaborative with pre-construction and underwriting efforts to assist in identifying finish specifications and budget estimate for new projects during acquisition.
Title: Purchasing Agent
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with trade partners in local market.
- Obtains and evaluates all documents/data required for bidding, including specifications, scopes of work, architectural documents, site plans, soils reports, community guidelines and all other pertinent documents that affect vertical costs of construction.
- Works collaboratively with construction to ensure scopes of work for each trade are clearly understood and adhered to by trade partners.
- Negotiates with trade partners to determine selection based upon bid comparison (prepare, solicit and evaluate bids), in compliance/alignment with company policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with construction to manage trade partner performance monitoring within the division (i.e. cost, quality, productivity, service).
- Responsible for purchasing software (Procore), and any community file setup required, including budgets, bid spreadsheets, MSA’s, bid list maintenance.
- Prepares and communicates sequence sheets, maps, plan and phasing information as new phases are released to construction.
- Initiates and processes necessary documentation regarding option requests to trade partners, field personnel, sales and accounting departments.
- Reviews requests for construction changes and extras with assigned Construction Project Managers, Director of Purchasing, Owners and other team members.
- Researches, evaluates and provides recommendations for new product development.
- Participates in value engineering efforts and identifies areas for improvement.
- Works with architectural consultant to confirm product availability when assessing new product elevations, or new community site conditions.
- Attends frame walks, designer walks, and/or collaborative team meetings in the office or field as requested or required.
- Provides mentoring and direction to other purchasing and administrative support personnel as necessary.
- Prepares onsite estimate per trade, unit plan (costs and quantities) to determine project costs.
- Conducts periodic market analysis to benchmark labor costs and quantities for optimization.
- Enhances database and reporting capability with an understanding of base specifications and option cost relationships (as necessary).
- Reviews onsite costs to date received from accounting and estimates cost to complete per phase/project.
- Assists Contract Administrator to ensure MSA’s/contracts and/or contract addendums are produced in accordance with company policy.
- Ensures all department procedures and internal control requirements are met.
- Minimum of 2 years onsite and offsite purchasing experience in residential construction as well as knowledge of basic field construction methods and processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in high-end luxury housing projects is preferred.
- Ability to develop and improve trade partner relationships.
- Strong construction knowledge (technical activities and processes).
- Highly analytical, in terms of quantitative (mathematical) and qualitative (trade quality assessment) skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of construction drawings and contracts.
- Must have excellent negotiating skills and a strong belief in fair business practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have well developed computer skills with experience in Windows, Word, and Excel preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and possess strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to commute to and conduct tours of various job sites.
- Love of learning and a desire for personal growth are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline; MBA/CPA a plus.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with other departments/divisions of the Company which may or may not be directly related to purchasing.
Based on Experience
About Our Company
A progressive residential and commercial developer located in Beverly Hills. etco HOMES was founded in 1989. Over the past decade we have carefully assembled a team of seasoned professionals based on the long-term core values of the company, leading a prudent advance to judicially controlled expansion.
etco HOMES has earned a reputation for exceptional innovation is its custom home, single-family detached home, condominium and townhome community developments, and has established itself as a quality leader in the Southern California home-building industry.