etco HOMES is currently looking for a Senior Accountant.
This position would work closely with the Controller and require skills and experience that is well rounded to include Account Reconciliation to Financial Statement preparation. Responsibilities include general ledger entry, account reconciliation, preparation of financial statements and financial statement consolidation. The company has approximately 25 legal entities to close on a monthly basis to report to JV partners and investors. In addition to the responsibilities of managing the general ledger, this position will assist with budget reviews, assisting training of staff and perform various other accounting activities to include but not limited to cash management, vendor information, 1099 and prepare information for business plans, budgets and audits. Other responsibilities may include recording of interest, reviewing tax bills, maintaining fixed assets, and other assigned general accounting responsibilities.
Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Location: Beverly Hills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, review, and update Job Cost budget
- Assist with Project Budget review process
- Prepare and enter journal entries and month end close
- Assist with analysis and financial information as requested
- Assist with Bank Reconciliations and other Accounting functions
- Assist with Reports / schedules due to joint venture partners
- Assist with yearly Audit and Tax package
- Other special projects as requested
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to multitask and take ownership of their work.
- Work well with other departments and problem solver
- Must be computer literate with advanced spreadsheet knowledge using Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a four-year university a plus
- Experience in accounting for 7 years required
- CPA a plus
- Construction accounting experience a plus
- Knowledgeable in the use of accounting software systems such as Timberline highly desirable
Based on Experience
About Our Company
A progressive residential and commercial developer located in Beverly Hills. etco HOMES was founded in 1989. Over the past decade we have carefully assembled a team of seasoned professionals based on the long-term core values of the company, leading a prudent advance to judicially controlled expansion.
etco HOMES has earned a reputation for exceptional innovation is its custom home, single-family detached home, condominium and townhome community developments, and has established itself as a quality leader in the Southern California home-building industry.