etco HOMES is currently looking for a Staff Accountant.
This position would work closely with the Controller and require skills and experience that is well rounded to include Accounts Payable and General Accounting experience. Responsibilities include accounting and management of projects under construction to include the preparation and submittal of construction loan draws to lender/partners, completion of AIA and Pay Certificates. Maintain the books of assigned projects on a timely and accurate basis. This includes entering invoices, journal entries, review job costs budgets versus actuals and assist in the preparation of the Project Budget. Support Accounts Payable and General Ledger function in all areas, provide regular month end reporting, and perform oversight and reporting for Joint Ventures and Special Projects. Perform various other accounting activities to include but not limited to cash management, vendor information, 1099 and prepare information for business plans, budgets and audits. Other responsibilities may include recording of interest, reviewing tax bills, maintaining fixed assets, and other assigned general accounting responsibilities.
Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Location: Beverly Hills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of Loan Draw Package to Lender or Partner
- Maintain, review, and update Job Cost budget
- Accounts Payable in all areas as needed to ensure deadlines are met
- Assist with Project Budget review process
- Prepare and enter journal entries and month end close
- Assist with analysis and financial information as requested
- Assist with Bank Reconciliations and other Accounting functions
- Assist with Reports/ schedules due to joint venture partners
- Assist with yearly Audit package
- Other special projects as requested
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to multitask and take ownership of their work.
- Work well with other departments and problem solver
- Must be computer literate with advanced spreadsheet knowledge using Excel
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a four-year university a plus
- Experience in accounting for 5 years required
- Construction accounting experience a plus
- Knowledgeable in the use of accounting software systems such as Timberline highly desirable
Based on Experience
About Our Company
A progressive residential and commercial developer located in Beverly Hills. etco HOMES was founded in 1989. Over the past decade we have carefully assembled a team of seasoned professionals based on the long-term core values of the company, leading a prudent advance to judicially controlled expansion.
etco HOMES has earned a reputation for exceptional innovation is its custom home, single-family detached home, condominium and townhome community developments, and has established itself as a quality leader in the Southern California home-building industry.